About the MBBY
The Malaysian Board on Books for Young People (MBBY) is a nonprofit organization that serves as the Malaysian national section of the International Board on Books for Young People (IBBY).
MBBY was established with the goal of promoting and disseminating good literature for children and youth. MBBY is committed to the promotion of Malaysian children’s literature abroad, as well as the introduction of foreign literature in Malaysia via the IBBY network which covers over 70 countries. Its overall ambition is to build bridges between peoples and countries through children’s literature.
MBBY membership includes all role-players in the world of Malaysian children’s and youth literature. These range from publishers, booksellers, media personalities, literacy activists, authors, illustrators and librarians. As a member of IBBY, MBBY is committed to protect and uphold the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child, in particular, a child’s right to education and direct access to information.
- To promote national and international understanding through children’s books
- To promote Malaysian children’s and youth literature, both in Malaysia and internationally.
- To give children and youth in Malaysia the opportunity to have access to books with high literary and artistic standards
- To encourage the publication and distribution of quality children’s books, including those in the indigenous languages across Malaysia
- To provide support and training for those involved with children and children’s literature (authors, illustrators, publishers, librarians, educators, etc.)
- To stimulate research and scholarly works in the field of children’s literature
- To promote awareness of the importance of reading and books for all children and young adults
- To protect and uphold the Rights of the Child according to the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child
- To support for Malaysian children’s and youth reading projects to increase access to books.
We look forward to welcoming individuals and institutions to become members of MBBY and institutional members. Please join us in showcasing Malaysian authors and illustrators for young people on the world stage.
MEET THE COMMITTEE MEMBERS 2020-2021
Dato’ Ahmad Redza bin Ahmad Khairuddin is currently the President of the Malaysian Board of Books for Young People (MBBY) and former President of International Board on Books for Young People (IBBY) in Basel, Switzerland. He has been President of IBBY from the year 2010 until 2014 and has been active in all activities organized by IBBY after his tenure as President. MBBY and IBBY has been known to promote peace and to protect and uphold the Rights of the Child according to the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child.
PROF. DR. MD SIDIN AHMAD ISHAK
HJH ALIMAH SALAM
Assistant Secretary Puan Filzah Ibrahim
Treasurer Tuan Hj. Faisal Mohd Salleh
Dr. Jamilah Mustaffa
Dr. Jamilah Jaafar
Puan Ibtihaj Saian
Puan Rafidah Abd Aziz
Cik Mimi Salleh
Encik Mohd Sharif Apen
Dr Siti Ezaleila Mustafa
Auditors Puan Anita Mohd Jadi
Encik Armin Azhari Saleh
Ex-Officio Representative from MBKM